Dursley Rugby Football Club
Registered as a Community Amateur Sports Club CASC since 2004
Rugby Summer Camp is Back
25th June 2013
After another successful summer rugby camp in 2012, the dates and details for the summer camp 2013 have now been decided. The Dursley Rugby Club and RCP summer camp will take place between the 20th and the 22nd August 2013, each day starting at 9.30am and finishing at 3.30pm. The camp is available for under 7's (can take those lower than 7) to under 14's as of the 2012/2013 season and is open to any ability. Players will be spilt by age group on arrival and during certain situations the age groups will be spilt by ability for safety.
The camp will focus on:
• Handling (A key part of the game which will be covered everyday so as to create better rugby players)
• Decision making (there are always lots of options in rugby and being able to select the correct one is a game changing ability)
• Evasion (Although rugby is a contact sport avoiding it when possible is an important asset for any player to have)
• Contact (when evasion is not possible it is important to be able to handle contact in attack and defense, this will be coach safely and appropriately to the child’s ability)
• Team building (Key part of the camp is communication and the coaches will attempt to initiate situations where collaborative work and communication can take place)
• Nutritional advice (correct eating and drinking habits will be describe to the participants and the effects of a poor diet will be examined)
• Strength and conditioning (Using our professional strength and conditioning coach we will enable the participants to consider the basics of strength and conditioning in a controlled and safe way)
Each participant will be given a FREE camp T-shirt on the first day along with a FREE water bottle sponsored by Keiser. They will need to bring their own lunch but snacks, such as fruit, will be offered at breaks during the day. We are expecting appearances from professional players at Gloucester Rugby, which will be confirmed when they know their summer training plans. At the end of the camp one player will be selected as player of the camp and be given a year membership at the club. Certificates will be awarded all players at the end of the camp.
The camp will cost £75 for the three days. If you are interested, the application form is attached to the email, please fill this out and send it back to Oliver Winterbottom with a cheque included. We are expecting this year’s camp to be very popular and there are limited places available so to ensure a place send applications in as soon as possible. All applications need to be in by the 1st August at the latest to avoid disappointment.
If you require more information about the camp please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org.